Personal Injury Attorneys in Charleston
25+ Years Representing Accident Victims in South Carolina
If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by another party, you may face a lengthy and painful recovery process. Unfortunately, your recovery is just one of the many issues you have to think about. While you recover, how will you pay your mortgage or rent? Who is going to fund your medical bills? What about missed work and income?
At Bostic Law Firm, P.A., we understand the fear and frustration you may feel when you have been injured by another’s negligence or carelessness. Since 2000, our Charleston personal injury lawyers have leveraged their years of combined experience and detailed knowledge of state and federal personal injury laws to offer clients the guidance they need to understand their options for pursuing compensation.
If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by another party, it is important to begin the process of pursuing compensation as quickly as possible. Contact our Charleston personal injury law firm online or call (843) 350-9646 to schedule a free consultation.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
- ATV accidents. ATV accidents can lead to serious injuries. Our team of attorneys have the legal knowledge and experience to represent you well if you or a loved one has been injured.
- Aviation accidents. Few accidents are as serious as aviation accidents. Our firm uses their years of legal experience, personal aviation experience, and a detailed knowledge of personal injury law to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
- Boating & diving accidents. While a day on a boat usually creates lasting memories, it can be dangerous, and accidents can happen. If you have been injured in a boating or diving accident, learn about your options today.
- Car accidents. Car accidents may be a common occurrence in our fast-paced society, but they are no less serious because of it. If you have suffered injuries in an accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your losses.
- Motorcycle accidents. While a fun and convenient way to get around, motorists do not usually look out for motorcyclists as they should. If you have suffered injuries in an accident because of another’s negligence, learn how our firm can help you.
- Wrongful death. Losing a loved one to another’s negligence can be devastating. In the aftermath it can be difficult to know who to turn to for help. Our firm is here to walk you through the wrongful death claim process and will fight for the justice and compensation you and your family deserves.
- Construction accidents. Construction sites are dangerous by nature, however, injury victims are still entitled to recover compensation for their injuries. Learn more about construction accident law and how our firm can help you today.
- Defective products. When a consumer purchases a product there is usually a reasonable assumption that the product is safe. However, all too often, this is not the case. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, read our defective products page to learn how our firm can help hold the negligent party responsible.
- Premises liability. Landowners are expected and required to ensure their property is reasonably safe for visitors. If this doesn’t happen landowners can usually be held responsible for the damages that ensue.
- Dog bites. While dogs are usually human’s best friends, they can inflict serious damage when they bite. Furthermore, dog bite injury victims are usually children, given their small size and vulnerability.
- Slip & fall. Slip and falls are capable of causing serious harm to injury victims, especially the elderly. If you have been injured, learn about your options today.
- Pedestrian accidents. While pedestrians have the right of way, motorists often fail to look out for them properly resulting in an accident. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, learn about your rights and options on our pedestrian accident page today.
- Truck accidents. Given their size and large weight, trucks are capable of causing terrible injuries in the event of an accident. If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, our firm is ready to help you.
- Brain injuries. Brain injuries are very difficult injuries to suffer through as they affect you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Learn more about brain injuries and how our firm can help you recover maximum compensation.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries are catastrophic injuries that most often change a person’s life forever. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, our firm understands what you are going through and is dedicated to fighting on your behalf.
- Wrongful death. Losing a loved one is never easy, losing a loved one in a tragic accident can be devastating. Our firm can help you understand your options in filing a wrongful death claim and is committed to fighting for the compensation and justice you and your family deserves.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you have been in an accident that has left you with injuries, dealing with lawyers to obtain justice is likely the last thing you want to do. Yet, having a lawyer by your side to handle legal matters while you recover can go a long way to reducing stress in your life. The legal process can be complex—by hiring a Charleston personal injury attorney at our firm, you can both relieve yourself of the burden of managing your own case and maximize your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
As your Charleston accident attorney, our firm will walk you through everything you need to know about your rights, the compensation you might be entitled to, and how you might pursue it through a personalized legal strategy. As the process proceeds, our staff will keep in touch with you to answer your questions, offer helpful advice when you have concerns, or simply be a friendly professional when you need to talk your case through.
Our commitment to you is twofold. While providing you with the aggressive legal representation that will win you the compensation you deserve, we will also offer you compassion as you attempt to deal with your injuries and other legal matters. Through it all, we are your advocates who are also committed to providing you honest and responsive service.
Don’t Wait to File Your Injury Claim!
According to S.C. Code Ann. section 15-3-530, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in South Carolina is three years. This means you have three years from the date of your injury to file a claim or you may lose your right to pursue compensation. So don’t wait! Call our firm to get started on your case today.
Damages in Personal Injury Cases
“Damages” is a legal term that describes the types of compensation injury victims are able to pursue in a personal injury claim. The amount of compensation you will be eligible to pursue depends on the specifics of your case.
There are three types of damages available in personal injury cases: economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
- Economic damages, also called "special damages", are responsible for compensating the injured party for any economic losses associated with an injury such as medical expenses or missed wages.
- Non-economic damages, as the name suggests, compensate for non-tangible losses such as pain and suffering or mental anguish. Because non-economic damages compensate the injured party for losses that are not easily quantifiable, they are also called "general damages".
- Punitive damages differ from economic and non-economic damages in that their main purpose is to punish the at-fault party for their negligent behavior. As punitive damages are severe, they not awarded in personal injury cases as often as economic and non-economic damages.
Your Recovery is the Number One Priority
At Bostic Law Firm, P.A., we believe that no accident victim should ever be responsible for losses sustained in an accident caused by someone else. This is why it is important for you to seek compensation for losses you sustained from an accident, including for medical bills, lost wages, and any pain and suffering you experienced.
With a detailed knowledge of state and federal personal injury laws, and extensive negotiation and litigation experience, our team can offer the guidance you need. Our staff is committed to offering the quality service necessary for you to focus on your recovery rather than your legal issues. Let us handle the legal side of things so you can focus on your health, both physical and emotional.
Contact our office online or call (843) 350-9646 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your specific injury concerns with one of our Charleston personal injury lawyers.
TestimonialsSee What Our clients are saying
Honest and uphold the highest of integrity.
“Chris Ramsey turned a bad situation into an amicable conclusion.”
The attorneys at Bostic Law Group have my complete trust.
“The staff at Bostic Law Group are pleasant and professional at all times.”
I highly recommend Bostic Law Group!
“Mr. Chris Ramsey is very knowledgeable and committed to providing excellent service.”
The attorneys of the Bostic Law Group operated with integrity and care.
“My husband and I could not have asked for a more professional and compassionate service.”
I was amazed by Bostic Law Group's graciousness!
“The attorneys at Bostic Law Group were overwhelming in their competence, kindness, and thoroughness of my legal needs.”
Awards & Accolades
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATIONCONTACT OUR FIRM
Why Would I Want to Go to Court Instead of Taking a Settlement?
It can be tempting to accept your first settlement offer or negotiate with insurance companies after you’ve been injured in an accident, as opposed to going to court. Accidents and injuries often ...Read More
When Should I Use My Headlights in South Carolina?
When it comes to driving, there are a number of preventative measures drivers can take to increase safety on the road and prevent accidents, especially since so many accidents are caused by driver ...Read More
Can I Visit a Family Member in a Nursing Home During COVID-19?
COVID-19 has impacted virtually every industry in the world, requiring people to make sacrifices and adapt. Though anyone can become infected with the coronavirus, some of the most vulnerable people ...Read More