Premises Liability Attorneys in Charleston
Property Owners May Be Liable for Your Injuries
Property owners who open their land, homes, or businesses to the public have an inherent responsibility for the safety and protection of visitors. Property and business owners fail at their responsibility if an accident occurs which is directly or indirectly their fault and causes injuries that could otherwise have been avoided. Whether you slipped and fell down a wet staircase or were assaulted in a dark parking lot, the legal team at Bostic Law Group, P.A. in Charleston can help.
Property owners must provide the highest degree of care to their guests, including:
- Ensuring that the property is not harmful (including reasonable ongoing inspection)
- Warning visitors about known dangers that cannot be removed or repaired
- Rescuing visitors who are injured
- Employing trusted individuals (the property owner may be liable for the conduct and actions of his or her employees)
Failure to do the above is a sign of negligence. If the cause of your injuries could have been prevented, you may have a premises liability case.
Our teamof Charleston premises liability attorneys are available after hours and on weekends to discuss your case. Call (843) 350-9646or contact us onlineto schedule your free consultation.
Car Versus Pedestrian Accidents
Both pedestrian and motor vehicle accidents can be injurious, but those without the protection of a metal chassis are obviously more at risk. Accidents involving pedestrians or cyclists are more likely to result in wrongful death or require a lifetime of follow-up treatment for victims.
Automobile-pedestrian accidents can have several causes, including:
- Intoxicated drivers: Simply put, people who get drunk and drive are acting carelessly—by getting behind the wheel, they jeopardize their own safety as well as the safety of pedestrians and other drivers because alcohol impairs a driver’s ability to think clearly and respond as swiftly.
- Distracted drivers: Technology and other distractions play a huge role in many pedestrian accidents. Driving while talking or texting on a cell phone, putting on makeup, eating food, or even talking with other passengers in the car can distract a driver and contribute to an automobile-pedestrian accident.
- Driver negligence: Ignoring red lights, running stop signs, speeding, failing to yield to pedestrian crossings, or improperly maintaining a car’s brakes or tires are also huge contributors to pedestrian accidents.
Consequences of Pedestrian Accidents
Collisions between pedestrians and automobiles can result in serious, life-altering injuries, including:
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Permanent nerve damage
- Spinal injuries
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and additional losses resulting from the accident. Our Charleston pedestrian accident attorneys will work diligently to offer the advice you need to understand your case, your rights, and the options you have to pursue justice for your injuries.
Insurance companies will only pay what they are required to pay—nothing more. At Bostic Law Group, P.A., we understand this truism. Our attorneys will work with you, your doctors, rehabilitation experts, and others to determine carefully how much money you need to cover the cost of your injuries now and in the future.
Legal Help Is Available for No Up-Front Fees
At Bostic Law Group, P.A., we know through our years of experience how to pressure insurance companies to pay the full limits of responsible party’s insurance policy. Why risk it yourself, especially when you’re trying to recover from your injuries? Let our team of advocates fight the insurance company for you.
In the meantime, do not sign any papers or agree to any offers from an insurance company. Doing so may reduce the amount of money you receive. Your best chance to receive the compensation you need will come after you speak with one of our pedestrian accident attorneys.
Our staff is highly experienced in both settlement negotiation and litigation, allowing us to pursue compensation for your losses through whatever means necessary. To build your case, we will conduct a thorough investigation of the events leading to the accident. Any evidence demonstrating the negligence of the other party involved will be used to negotiate a settlement or plead your case in court.
For you or your family member to make a full recovery you need an experienced attorney. Contact us online or call (843) 350-9646 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your concerns.
testimonialsSee what our clients are saying
Honest and uphold the highest of integrity.
“Chris Ramsey turned a bad situation into an amicable conclusion.”
The attorneys at Bostic Law Group have my complete trust.
“The staff at Bostic Law Group are pleasant and professional at all times.”
I highly recommend Bostic Law Group!
“Mr. Chris Ramsey is very knowledgeable and committed to providing excellent service.”
The attorneys of the Bostic Law Group operated with integrity and care.
“My husband and I could not have asked for a more professional and compassionate service.”
I was amazed by Bostic Law Group's graciousness!
“The attorneys at Bostic Law Group were overwhelming in their competence, kindness, and thoroughness of my legal needs.”