Rear End Car Accident Attorneys in Charleston
Millions Recovered for our Clients
It’s well known that car accidents are the leading cause of injuries in the United States, with more than 6 million occurring each year. Countless Americans rely on their cars to transport them everywhere, from work to school to events. According to The Washington Post, there are 1.7 million rear end collisions reported on roads each year, making them one of the most common types of car accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by rear ending, call Bostic Law Group, P.A. for more than 20 years of legal experience and advocacy. Our Charleston rear end car accident attorneys are well-versed in car accident cases and can work to determine liability so you receive the financial compensation you need to heal from your injuries and trauma. You shouldn’t have to be responsible for paying thousands of dollars in medical bills and property damage repairs after an accident someone else caused.
Contact our team online or by phone at (843) 350-9646 to take advantage of your free consultation today. Our rear-end accidents attorneys are recognized in our community and among our peers for our commitment to clients.
Causes of Rear End Collisions
Rear end collisions occur when the front end of one car collides with the back end of the car in front of it. While this type of accident is not commonly associated with severe injuries, they still can cause damage – more than 500,000 people are reportedly injured in rear end collisions each year.
Though outside factors like poor weather conditions and road hazards can contribute to car accidents, in reality, most car accidents are the result of mistakes made by drivers.
Common causes of rear end collisions include:
- Tailgating: Tailgating refers to cars that follow too closely behind other cars, which increases the risk of accidents in that there’s no opportunity for drivers to brake in time in the event that the other driver slows down or stops.
- Distracted driving: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 87% of rear end collisions could have been prevented if the driver involved was paying better attention to the road. When drivers are distracted by their phones or conversations, they may not being attention to what’s happening on the road and fail to see stopped or slowed traffic in time to brake.
- Speeding: Rear end crashes can also occur when cars are speeding, giving drivers less time to react to a situation like slowed traffic.
Determining Liability After a Rear End Accident
Though most people assume fault falls on the driver who rear ended the other driver in a rear end collision, there are some instances in which the front or driver or another party can be held liable.
Some situations in which another party can be at fault for a rear end car accident include:
- A rear end accident involving three cars, where the third car hits the middle vehicle with enough force to send the middle car crashing into the first car
- The front driver brakes for no apparent reason in a sudden and unsafe way
- The front driver is making an illegal or unsafe turn or lane change in front of the rear driver
- The front driver is tapping their brakes or acting aggressively and intentionally
- The front driver has not replaced their defective or broken brake lights
- The manufacturer of the rear car causes a defect that doesn’t allow the car to stop before hitting the front car
How Our Team Can Recover Compensation
Rear end collisions can cause injuries that range in severity based on the nature of the accident, such as how fast the rear car was going upon impact. Injuries can include whiplash, facial injuries from airbag explosion, broken bones, lacerations and bruising, spinal cord and neck injuries, and head and brain trauma.
Our attorneys have experience helping countless clients achieve their desired compensation so they can pay for the following damages:
- Medical bills, including hospital stays and ambulance rides, surgeries, medications, and aftercare treatment that includes physical therapy
- Property damage
- Lost wages or future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Our law firm has the resources needed to conduct an in-depth investigation of your rear end accident and gather the evidence we need to strengthen your claim.
Get started on seeking justice after your accident today by calling our Charleston rear end car accident attorneys at (843) 350-9646.
testimonialsSee what our clients are saying
Honest and uphold the highest of integrity.
“Chris Ramsey turned a bad situation into an amicable conclusion.”
The attorneys at Bostic Law Group have my complete trust.
“The staff at Bostic Law Group are pleasant and professional at all times.”
I highly recommend Bostic Law Group!
“Mr. Chris Ramsey is very knowledgeable and committed to providing excellent service.”
The attorneys of the Bostic Law Group operated with integrity and care.
“My husband and I could not have asked for a more professional and compassionate service.”
I was amazed by Bostic Law Group's graciousness!
“The attorneys at Bostic Law Group were overwhelming in their competence, kindness, and thoroughness of my legal needs.”