Burn Injury Attorneys in Charleston, SC
Charleston's Premier Burn Injury Lawyers
Burns are incredibly painful and traumatic injuries and are unfortunately not as uncommon as you’d think. According to the American Burn Association, there are more than 1.1 million burn injuries in the United States each year, causing 45,000 hospitalizations and 4,500 deaths. While some burn injuries are caused by freak accidents and natural disasters, many are caused by the reckless actions of humans.
If you or a loved one has been burned in an accident caused by negligence, call Bostic Law Group, P.A. immediately. For more than 25 years, our Charleston burn injury attorneys have used our experience and resources to help clients get back on their feet after a devastating accident. Suffering from injuries can feel isolating, but our team is determined to stand by your side throughout your claims process.
Common Accidents That Can Cause Severe Burn Injuries
Burn Injuries from Motor Vehicle Accidents
Car accidents and trucking accidents can cause burns when gas tanks are ignited, often causing fires or explosions within the car. Sometimes victims are trapped within their cars during the explosion and can’t get out, or they’re too close in range to the explosion.
Motorcycle accidents can result in severe burn injuries due to the potential for direct contact with hot engine components, friction burns from sliding on the road, or exposure to flames in collision-related fires. ATV accidents can lead to burn injuries from contact with hot engine parts, exhaust pipes, or due to vehicle rollovers and fires, making it crucial to prioritize safety and responsible riding practices.
Aviation accidents can cause burn injuries due to post-crash fires, jet fuel explosions, or electrical malfunctions on board, emphasizing the importance of safety measures and emergency preparedness in the aviation industry.
Burn Injuries from Defective Products
Defective products are another common reason for severe burns. Whether the product doesn't work as intended or it is improperly installed, these types of product liability issues can produce fires or explosions. For example, if a gas stove has been installed incorrectly or a defective microwave suddenly bursts into flames that results in a burn, this could constitute the need for a catastrophic injury claim.
Burns from Medical Malpractice
Burn injuries resulting from medical malpractice can happen in various healthcare settings, and they can have devastating consequences for patients.
- Surgical errors, such as improper use of electrocautery devices or laser equipment, may cause thermal burns during procedures.
- Anesthesia-related accidents, like medication spills or equipment malfunction, can also lead to burns.
- Inadequate monitoring or negligence in post-operative care may result in pressure ulcers that can progress to severe burns.
- Additionally, failure to follow safety protocols during diagnostic procedures involving contrast agents or radiation therapy can lead to radiation burns.
Medical professionals have a duty to provide a standard of care, and when their negligence or errors cause burn injuries, it can lead to not only physical pain and suffering but also emotional and financial burdens for the affected patients and their families.
Burn Injuries While On the Job
Burn injuries are a significant concern in the workplace and can occur across various industries and job types.
- In industries dealing with hot surfaces or materials, such as manufacturing, construction, and food services, thermal burns from contact with machinery, hot liquids, or heated equipment are common.
- Workers in laboratories, chemical plants, or cleaning services may be at risk of chemical burns due to exposure to corrosive substances.
- Electrical burns can happen to employees working with electrical systems or equipment, especially if safety measures are not followed.
Employers have a responsibility to implement safety protocols, provide adequate training, and supply protective equipment to minimize the risk of burn injuries and ensure a safe working environment for their employees.
What Compensation Can You Recover for Burn Injuries?
While immediate medical attention is crucial for burn injuries, it is equally important to consider the long-term effects and the impact they can have on your life.
We are dedicated to helping burn injury victims in Charleston, SC seek the compensation they deserve for:
- Medical expenses, including ongoing treatments, surgeries, and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our team of skilled catastrophic injury attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and work with medical experts to determine the full extent of your injuries and the long-term impact they will have on your life. We will fight tirelessly to hold the responsible parties accountable and secure the maximum compensation possible to help you rebuild your life.
Don't face the long-term effects of burn injuries alone. Contact our burn injury lawyers in Charleston today to schedule a free consultation.
Recovering from Burn Injuries: Understanding the Long-Term Effects
Burn injuries can have long-lasting effects on both a person's physical and emotional well-being. At Bostic Law Group, P.A., our experienced burn injury attorneys in Charleston, SC are dedicated to helping clients not only with their legal battles but also in navigating the challenges that come with long-term recovery.
Unfortunately, burns can have a long-term effect, including:
- Physical Scarring: Burn injuries often result in visible scars that can be a constant reminder of the traumatic event. These scars may require ongoing medical treatments such as surgeries, skin grafts, or scar revision procedures.
- Functional Limitations: Depending on the severity and location of the burn, individuals may experience long-term functional limitations. This can include difficulties with movement, loss of sensation, or impaired range of motion.
- Psychological Impact: Burn injuries can also have a significant psychological impact. Survivors may experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, or body image issues. It is important to address these emotional challenges alongside physical recovery.
- Financial Burden: The long-term effects of burn injuries can result in substantial medical expenses, ongoing treatments, rehabilitation, and potential loss of income. Our burn injury lawyers can help you seek compensation to alleviate the financial burden.
At Bostic Law Group, P.A., we understand the unique challenges faced by burn injury survivors. Our compassionate legal team is here to provide guidance, support, and aggressive representation to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can assist you in your burn injury case.
Types of Burns
Common types of burns our team has handled include:
- Cosmetic burns
- Surgical burns
- Radiation burns
- Thermal burns
- Inhalation burns
- Friction burns
- Chemical burns
- Electrical burns
Burn injuries are also categorized using numbers to differentiate the severity and depth of the burn. A first-degree burn is considered a minor burn like a sunburn, while second and third-degree burns illustrate a range of damage from red and non-blistered skin to thickened skin where the damage has gone deeper. Fourth-degree burns are the most damaging burns which means the effects of the damage have extended to the tendons and bones.
The Importance of Seeking Legal Representation for Burn Injuries
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, it is crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced burn injury lawyer. Burn injuries can have long-term effects that go beyond physical pain and scarring. They can result in significant medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional trauma.
Our Charleston burn injury attorneys have extensive experience in handling catastrophic burn injury cases. We understand the complexities and the unique challenges these claims present. By working with us, you can benefit from:
- A legal team with expertise in burn injury law: Our team has in-depth knowledge of the South Carolina state laws and regulations surrounding burn injuries. We stay updated on the latest legal developments to provide the best possible representation for our clients.
- Thorough investigation process: We conduct a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your burn injury. This includes gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with medical experts to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiation skills: Our burn injury lawyers are skilled negotiators who will fight for your rights and strive to secure a fair settlement. We will work tirelessly to maximize your compensation, taking into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and future damages.
- Litigation experience: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our attorneys are prepared to take your case to trial. We have a proven track record of success in the courtroom and will aggressively advocate for your rights and interests.
By choosing Bostic Law Group, P.A. you can have peace of mind knowing that you have a dedicated team fighting for your best interests.
25+ Years of Trusted Legal Experience
Our top-rated legal team is available to help you pick up the pieces of your life after your accident. Because burns are expensive to treat, you may find yourself in a load of debt after your accident – a debt you can’t afford to pay.
Our team believes if your injuries were caused by negligence, you shouldn’t have to pay more than you already have through your pain and suffering. We can strengthen your claim and hold negligent parties responsible so we can recover damages like medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages.
For quality representation that can achieve your legal goals, call our Charleston burn injury attorneys at (843) 350-9646. Burns are painful and expensive to treat – you shouldn’t have to be the one that pays more than you already have.
- This resource from the South Carolina Burn Center provides information for burn injury victims, including resources for burn care therapy, rehabilitation, treatment, and pediatric burn care.
- This resource from MedicineNet provides an overview of burns, including types, causes, symptoms, treatments and prevention tips.
Honest and uphold the highest of integrity.
“Chris Ramsey turned a bad situation into an amicable conclusion.”
The attorneys at Bostic Law Group have my complete trust.
“The staff at Bostic Law Group are pleasant and professional at all times.”
I highly recommend Bostic Law Group!
“Mr. Chris Ramsey is very knowledgeable and committed to providing excellent service.”
The attorneys of the Bostic Law Group operated with integrity and care.
“My husband and I could not have asked for a more professional and compassionate service.”
I was amazed by Bostic Law Group's graciousness!
“The attorneys at Bostic Law Group were overwhelming in their competence, kindness, and thoroughness of my legal needs.”