Charleston Speeding Accident Attorneys
25+ Years of Experience Handling Car Accident Claims
Though several outside factors can contribute to a car accident, it’s generally widely known that most car accidents are caused by human error, or negligence on the road – and negligence isn’t rare. More than 6 million car accidents occur in the United States each year, and while there are various forms of driver negligence, speeding is one of the leading causes. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), speeding was a factor in 26% of all traffic fatalities in 2018, killing around 25 people per day on average. If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of speeding, you may be entitled to seek financial compensation. At Bostic Law Group, P.A., our Charleston speeding accident attorneys believe no one should evade liability after their actions have harmed others. With more than two decades of experience in personal injury law, we can be trusted to pursue justice on your behalf and go above and beyond to achieve your legal goals.
Contact our team online or by phone at (843) 350-9646 to schedule your free consultation today. We can offer you options and compassionate support during this painful time.
Dangers of Speeding
Going above the speed limit on roads and highways isn’t just illegal – it puts the driver’s safety and the safety of everyone around them at risk. Speeding is more likely to lead to accidents, and an unfortunate reality is that because of the greater amount of force applied in these accidents, they often result in serious injuries and fatalities. A car that rear-ends another vehicle at 10 mph, for instance, isn’t going to cause as much damage as a car going full speed at 60 mph.
Some consequences of speeding include:
- Increased chance of losing control of the vehicle, as speeding around turns, for example, often causes drivers to swerve or spin out
- Increased stopping distance after the driver perceives a danger – drivers also have less time to react to a road hazard or slowed traffic when they’re speeding
- Reduced effectiveness of protection equipment
Car accidents caused by speeding usually result in catastrophic injuries, which differ from typical injuries in that they can be long-term and even permanent, often transforming the lives of the injured. Examples of catastrophic injuries include burns, amputations, spinal cord and neck injuries like paralysis, and head and brain injuries.
Why Do People Speed?
Speeding is also categorized as aggressive driving behavior, as many people resort to speeding when they’re agitated or under pressure. Many drivers speed when they’re running late to work or an appointment, for instance.
Other reasons why drivers speed on the road include:
- Getting through traffic: Traffic usually agitates drivers and results in them making dangerous maneuvers like speeding, changing lanes frequently, or getting angry at slow drivers who are blocking their path.
- Disregard for others and the law: Some drivers are simply detached or do not care about the safety of others around them, or believe that they won’t ever get into a car accident. The anonymity of being inside a vehicle also can make drivers feel less accountable for their actions.
- Being under the influence: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol can contribute to speeding accidents. Drunk drivers are more likely to make risky decisions and drive carelessly, and many speed on the road while also failing to obey traffic laws like stopping at red lights.
How We Can Help
Speeding accidents can not only injure other drivers and passengers, but also bicyclists and pedestrians who are nearby. Unfortunately, due to their lack of outer protection, pedestrians and bicyclists are usually the ones who suffer the most serious injuries. These injuries can be expensive to treat and recover from. If you were injured in a speeding accident, chances are you’re facing mounting medical bills, property damage, and other costs you can’t afford to pay.
Our attorneys are here to help you cover these costs. Through our unwavering advocacy, we can build your case and secure damages from the at-fault driver, including:
- Medical bills like the costs of hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, and more
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Property damage, including the cost of car repairs
- Pain and suffering
With decades of experience handling car accident cases, we know what evidence to collect to support you and ensure that justice is served.
The sooner you call our Charleston speeding accident attorneys, the sooner we can start your case and work to hold the negligent driver responsible for their reckless actions. Call us today at (843) 350-9646.
testimonialsSee what our clients are saying
Honest and uphold the highest of integrity.
“Chris Ramsey turned a bad situation into an amicable conclusion.”
The attorneys at Bostic Law Group have my complete trust.
“The staff at Bostic Law Group are pleasant and professional at all times.”
I highly recommend Bostic Law Group!
“Mr. Chris Ramsey is very knowledgeable and committed to providing excellent service.”
The attorneys of the Bostic Law Group operated with integrity and care.
“My husband and I could not have asked for a more professional and compassionate service.”
I was amazed by Bostic Law Group's graciousness!
“The attorneys at Bostic Law Group were overwhelming in their competence, kindness, and thoroughness of my legal needs.”