At Bostic Law Group, P.A. in Charleston, we know how difficult it can be to choose the proper nursing home for your loved one.
Making the decision to place a loved one under the care of a nursing home can be an emotionally draining experience. Admitting that your loved one requires care that you cannot provide can be difficult, as can the idea of leaving your elderly relative in an unfamiliar place. Once the choice to place your loved one under a nursing home’s care has been made, the challenges are just beginning—choosing the right nursing home can be just as difficult as the initial decision.
HOW WE CAN HELP
It’s important to have a thorough understanding of you and your loved one’s needs before placing them in elder care. Once you have an idea of what you want, it is likely you will use the internet and word-of-mouth to help make your decision. These are great resources for finding competent nursing home care in the Charleston area.
However, if you would prefer further assistance, our trusted nursing home attorneys can help. Our team brings decades of combined experienced assisting in Charleston nursing home cases to the table. We know the ins-and-outs of nursing home care because we’ve helped countless clients win cases involving nursing home abuse and neglect. By understanding potential warning signs and hazards, we can help you find what you need by tapping into our knowledge of what red flags to watch out for. We can also draw from our connections to local doctors and nursing home professionals we trust to provide you with in-depth information.
To help in the decision, we are glad to offer some useful tips, including:
- Contact your loved one’s insurance carrier or Medicare to determine which homes are covered in the area
- Research prospective homes online, looking for any poor reviews from families of past residents
- Tour every home you are considering, making sure to speak to as many staff members as possible
- Visit websites dedicated to nursing home reviews for insight on their track record, including any infractions
- Ask your friends and co-workers for suggestions; chances are they have a loved one in nursing home care as well
- Remember that the placing your loved one in a nursing home may be the best decision for them; ensuring they receive the proper care can extend their lives and offer more enjoyment
- And more
Our experienced Charleston nursing home attorneys are happy to offer assistance on any number of concerns your family may have, including choosing a home and addressing nursing home neglect or abuse claims. Contact us now for more details.