Charleston Intersection Accident Attorneys
Countless Car Accident Cases Settled
Approaching and crossing intersections are a part of daily driving that no one can avoid. While most drivers pass through intersections safely, intersections are often busy, high-traffic areas that can pose risks and cause serious accidents. In 2013, about 40% of the 5.8 million reported car crashes in the U.S. were intersection-related crashes, according to a study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Crashes at intersections can often involve numerous vehicles and drivers, and it can be challenging to determine who is at fault for damages. Bostic Law Group, P.A. can help investigate your accident when you call our Charleston intersection accident attorneys. With more than 20 years of experience helping personal injury victims, we can be trusted to handle your case with empathy and personalized care. Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to our legal team in the work we do.
Causes of Intersection Accidents
Though road hazards and poor weather conditions can contribute to car accidents, the NHTSA reported that about 96% of all intersection accidents are attributed to driver error. What should be a safe drive through an intersection can quickly turn deadly if a driver makes just one mistake.
Common causes of car accidents at intersections include:
- Misjudging speed while turning left: Cars who attempt to make left turns will often do it when they can see that oncoming traffic is far away, but sometimes they may misjudge just how fast cars are approaching and may be struck in the side of their vehicle, also known as a T-bone accident.
- Turning left while not having the right of way: Illegal maneuvers are often the cause of accidents. Cars wanting to turn left often have to yield for oncoming traffic before they turn, but sometimes as soon as the light turns green, they’ll proceed and be struck by vehicles.
- Turning with an obstructed view: Drivers should never attempt turns, whether left-hand or right-hand turns, if their view is obstructed. There could be incoming cars or crossing bicyclists and pedestrians that they don’t see that pose a risk of accident.
- Inattention while crossing at intersections: Drivers should always be alert, especially at intersections where there are cars coming from various directions. Accidents can often occur when drivers are distracted and fail to respond to hazards or dangers in time before a collision.
- Drunk driving: Driving under the influence is a major contributor to car accidents, and intersection accidents are no exception. Drunk drivers often have slower response time and are distracted, which accounts for accidents that occur when drivers go through red lights without stopping or make sudden turns without signaling or checking crosswalks to make sure they’re free of pedestrians.
- Speeding: One of the leading causes of motor vehicle crashes, speeding makes responding to road hazards or slowed or stopped traffic challenging for drivers. Going beyond the speed limit can also make it difficult for drivers to maintain control of their vehicles if they make sharp turns or hydroplane on wet or slippery surfaces.
Why Trust Our Team with Your Case?
Injuries resulting from intersection accidents are often catastrophic, meaning that injuries can be long-lasting or permanent and require extensive medical treatment and sometimes, lifelong care. The consequences can be especially disastrous if pedestrians and bicyclists are involved in these accidents.
It’s known that the more deadly the injuries, the more expensive it can be to treat them. Burns can require skin grafts and crushed limbs can require numerous surgeries, and so on. Our team can help you secure the compensation you need to pay for medical treatment, as well as lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering, so you don’t have to go into debt to recover.
Call the Charleston intersection accident attorneys at (843) 350-9646 to begin your recovery process. Car accidents can be challenging to heal from, but we can stand by your side throughout your case.
Meet Our Team
Dealing with Mr. Bostic was one of the most pleasant professional experiences I've had. He was thoughtful, kind, considerate, and he had clearly reviewed the details of my case prior to our discussion. He spoke w candor and he helped me to understand nu”- Craig