Aviation Accident Attorneys in Charleston
Representation From a Lawyer With 25+ Years of Flying Experience
At Bostic Law Firm, P.A. in Charleston, we represent individuals injured in aviation accidents involving all categories of aircraft: recreational, corporate, and commercial. Drawing from years of legal training, Attorney Curtis Bostic’s personal aviation experience, and a detailed knowledge of state and federal personal injury laws, our attorneys work to provide you with the assistance you need to understand your rights when you have been injured in aviation accident.
Personal injuries due to aircrafts are often extremely serious and may require long-term treatment. Common causes include:
- Pilot fatigue or error
- Improper training of the pilot(s) or crew
- Impaired piloting
- Equipment malfunction
- Improper aircraft maintenance
- Flying in adverse weather
Any aviation accident can result in catastrophic injuries, including:
- Long term hospitalization
- Nerve damage
- Muscle or tendon damage
- Injury to internal organs
- Second- and/or third-degree burns
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Exposure to radiation
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an aviation accident outside of their control, we can help. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Even the “Safest Way” to Travel Can Be Dangerous
The most dangerous 11 minutes of any flight are the three minutes after takeoff and the eight minutes before landing. According to information collected by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and the Flight Safety Foundation (FSF) this plus three and minus eight-minute periods are when 80% of all aviation accidents occur.
Leading aircraft manufactures have complied a list of the most common factors contributing to aviation accidents and injuries, including:
- Bent fairings or cowlings
- Engine failure or damage to an engine
- Punctures or dents in the skin of the aircraft
- Damage to tires or wheels
- Damage to engine accessories
- Damage to flaps
- Damage to wingtips
- Damage to brakes
Clearly, these factors are beyond the control of passengers. The following is a list of actions you can take to reduce your risk of injury if you are involved in an aviation accident:
- Buy your child a seat. They are safer for children than sitting on a guardian’s lap.
- Buckle-up and stay buckled. Even sudden turbulence can cause serious injuries.
- Use anti-bacterial wipes to clean your seating area. Unclean aircrafts can cause illness.
- Sit within five rows of an exit to increase your chances of escape.
Let Us Help You
If you have been involved in any kind of aircraft accident, our Charleston aviation accident attorneys will work closely with you to determine the cause and build a strong case to get you the money you deserve. We will conduct a detailed investigation into the events leading to your injuries, consulting with aviation and accident experts for support. Any evidence demonstrating the negligence of the airline or pilot(s) will be used to attempt negotiate a settlement that covers your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If an acceptable settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court to pursue a judgment in your favor.
Meet Our Team