Estate Planning Attorneys in Charleston
Helping South Carolina Families Create Wills, Trusts, Advance Directives & More
At Bostic Law Group, P.A. in Charleston, we have been assisting South Carolina families with their estate planning needs for over 25 years. Our goal is to ensure all families understand the estate planning process is accessible to everyone and vital to their families’ future. There are many myths about estate planning which tend to drive people away from the process. Some of the most common include:
- Estate planning is only for the wealthy
- Estate planning is only for the elderly
- Estate planning is cumbersome and expensive
Because of these and other myths, it is estimated that between 30 and 50 percent of people living in South Carolina do not have a will. This oversight can cause problems for these individuals’ families after they pass. Their families may be left paying unnecessary legal fees and other expenses if they have to navigate the painful probate process following the death or incapacity of a loved one.
Don’t wait until a tragic death or accident forces you and your family to think about estate planning. Secure your family’s future by hiring a capable estate planning lawyer. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
Estate Planning Is for Everyone
Our Bostic Law Group, P.A. attorneys offer affordable estate planning services for clients in all stages of life.
- If you are a young family needing to make sure that your children are properly provided for, we can help you create a simple will.
- For established clients wanting to avoid the probate process and pass on assets to their children without the hassle of unnecessary legal proceedings, we can help with preparation of a living trust.
- For wealthy clients concerned with estate taxes or asset protection, we can provide guidance regarding sophisticated trusts, private foundations, or other advanced estate planning techniques.
- For clients involved in small or family owned businesses, we can put proper documents and procedures in place to ensure the proper transition of business interests in the event of the death of a partner or member.
- For higher net worth clients and larger businesses, it is important to keep in mind the implications of estate taxes (the “death tax”) and have a plan in place to transition assets to the next generation.
- Finally, for all clients, it is helpful to understand the potential benefits of documents such as a Power of Attorney, Medical Power of Attorney, or Advanced Directives. Planning ahead can result in the savings of thousands of dollars—far more than the cost of the initial planning.
Reach Out to Our Firm Today
Our friendly and knowledgeable Charleston estate planning attorneys can help provide guidance so that each client can tailor his or her own estate plan according to their needs. We make hundreds of wills and trusts each year and can develop a plan to fit your family, your financial situation, and your budget.
Meet Our Team
Dealing with Mr. Bostic was one of the most pleasant professional experiences I've had. He was thoughtful, kind, considerate, and he had clearly reviewed the details of my case prior to our discussion. He spoke w candor and he helped me to understand nu”- Craig